Thursday, January 30, 2014

Extended Cinema Tools and BF4 patches

Current users have probably noticed that the game has started crashing after the latest update.
Unless the patch is something very small, always expect it to break the tool. I'll fix it and post the new version on Friday or later this weekend.

Also, answers to some questions and problems:

Q: How do I close the tool properly so I can play on a ranked PB server?
A: Close the tool AND the game. Otherwise it'll still be active if you just join another server.

Q: Changes to color correction and sun rotation sometimes take time.
A: Press Esc twice, should show the changes.

Q: I'm not getting any values in the GUI.
A: Run everything as an administrator

Q: How do hotkeys work?
A: Hotkeys are for 1p camera only atm. Check the "Hotkeys" box and it should start working. Arrow keys to go forwards/backwards left/right, Numpad 7/9 is up/down, Numpad 8, 6, 4 and 2 is for rotation. I know it's messy, controller support coming at some point.

Q: Jet's/Helicopter's projectiles always fire to the middle of the screen even when rotating in 1p view.
A: Yeah It's pretty annoying. I'm working on an alternative rotating method that uses the freelook rotation instead. It'll still work with hotkeys.

Q: Game crashes after latest patch.
A: I know, wait for a fix.

6 comments :

  1. Game still crashes for me. I use the BF4.exe 64bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the program but I can't use all the features.
    Problem 1.: Waiting for GUI...
    It just won't work

    Problem 2: I can't load the effect list in the EffectPlayer :/

    Still a pretty nice program for filming/screenshots.

    Just please, fix the bugs, and when it all works properly, add new features

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the program but I can't use all the features.
    Problem 1.: Waiting for GUI...
    It just won't work

    Problem 2: I can't load the effect list in the EffectPlayer :/

    Still a pretty nice program for filming/screenshots.

    Just please, fix the bugs, and when it all works properly, add new features

    ReplyDelete